Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day One

So.......
This is my very first post. Chances are good no one but me and a few friends will ever read it but, I'm doing it anyway. Recently I've been posting comments for the first time on someone else's blog. While fun, I realized that I want to decide the topic for a while. I have many thoughts in my head that need to get out.

Take for instance the public hearing I attended this morning. It's always fun to listen to the ignorant. If you're going to stand up in public and make factual statements......you should check your sources first. I was pretty sure "Freedom of Choice" was not in the Bill of Rights and the gentleman making the reference clearly had not read the document itself. Free will is in the Bible, but I'm pretty sure he hadn't read that either. My guess is he's thinking about the new Wendy's value menu. But I checked it out anyway. Nope, not there. Too bad it was public comment and not debate. Maybe that course I took in Constitional Law would have finally have shown to be useful in daily life.

To date, I have not utilized much from that class. Which is certainly dissappointing since it was my favorite class ever. We learned all the different ways one could escape prosecution for running over a baby, provided that baby happened to be crawling along a one lane road on a cliff. Drove around Colorado Springs once......no babies.

Anyway.....I'll try my darndest not to get up on my soapbox too often. But those of you that know me personally can rest assured that it will happen. Stay tuned for rants on traffic, whatever shows I happen to be watching, personal epiphanies and whatever else crosses my mind. And comment to your hearts content.

First up for comment, anyone see "The Girl in the Cafe"? Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad there are so many idiots living so close to you huh? Do you feel better now that you have gotten some of the thoughts out of your head? Less congested? :)

M said...

Yes....I sure do. And keep checking back because there are many more thoughts to share. But another night :)

AKAKatydid said...

Hey! Just noticed on Shawn's blog you had a hyperlink on your name, so thought I'd check out your page! :)

Way to go on starting a blog! I swore I'd never start one, and now I love blogging! Something tells me you'll like it too.. And hey, what the heck do you mean you'll try not to get on your soapbox too often!? It's *YOUR* blog, dammit!

Speak up, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey you...Shawn was ever so handy putting that link there...so now we can talk at your place too. I love rants and joining in on them..so I'm looking forward to it. BTW...are we gonna firefly talk here? or email? I'm good either way.