Saturday, July 30, 2005

Firefly

September 30 is quickly approaching. Trailer has been released. Spoilers are starting to appear. To quote Willie Wonka (the original) "The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts!"

So here is our chance to talk about whatever we want! I'll start. How much do you love Adam Baldwin in this? Jayne is such an awesome character. You never know what he's going to do!

Next!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! our own thread for firefly. Adam Baldwin rocks. He's so funny and scary. I watched Serenity last night...one of my favorite lines "Pain is scary" he just delivered it so well. And then in the Train job when he was reaching out and grabbing at the angels..then "twhump" oh my god. Too funny.

I want to be Zoe, in another life. She's smart, tough, sexy and totally bad ass. I'm so jealous. I took the quiz, one of the sites have...turned out I was river. I'm find that "unsettlin"

I loved in the trailer where Mal is asked, "do you know her?" and he goes "no..I really don't." Totally rocks...

God. Too muchto say..too many directions.

Oh god, and Ariel. Adam Baldwin bonanza. Did you watch the Inside? he was on it too. Ok...I've gabbled a bit...you next...and anyone else who wants to join in the LOVE. :)

M said...

Yes, I watched "The Inside". I was interested in the premise, but when I saw Adam Baldwin was cast, no brainer. Great character again. Lots of layers.

I love the episode with Jayne as planet hero complete with epic song. Too funny. I'd like to see what happens when "the money is good enough."

As for Zoe, I've considered that as a Halloween costume. But no one would know whow I was :)

I tested "River" as well. Don't mind. She's a genius. And I'd love to kick that much ass. I have used her tag line in public....."I could kill you with my mind." So Jedi, don't you think.

Absolute brilliant writing. Unmatched. "My days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle." Brilliant!

Your turn.

I also enabled my email link so if you want to just talk to me, feel free to go there.

Anonymous said...

Ok cool...you've seen the inside. OMG...Adam drinking the frou-frou blue drink and eating the flower. How awesome was that? I totally see Jayne. you know? Totally hot when he busted out the window. I really hate that the dance shows killed it.

Did you see Ariel? The money was good enough, even though Jayne didn't totally realize what he'd done. That air lock scene was intense. You could so see how Jayne was human, under the tough bastard part. Loved the statue of him too, where everyone is just staring at it...Kaylee is all..His eyes..follow me...Simon "this is what going mad feels like...and even Mal..'this warrents some consideration' And when he's singing..the man they call ME...

River is awesome. I loved that "I can kill you with my mind" perfect. I can't wait til the movie. It's going to be so much about river and we'll find out about the blue hand bastards. I can't wait. She's like super Jedi. I can see her taking Luke down, no prob...Yoda...might be tougher, but I have faith in River.

And of course..."take me sir, take me hard." "that's just downright unsettlin" hee. Amazing writing and so many layers! I'll start pulling good threads from the clique crowd and we can talk about them here. Put those snobs to shame!!

PS..I WANT Inara's wardrobe. DAMN.

M said...

Yes, Jayne singing was great. They started him out so dopey (the walkie talkies...."I'm standing right here!") But then he evolved.

The girly drink was perfect. What was it called? Something silly I remember.

We haven't even begun to discuss Alan Tudyk....the only reason I saw I, Robot. How can you not love a man who plays with toy dinosaurs? "Yes... this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... this land.' 'I think we should call it your grave.' 'Ah. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.' 'Hahaha. Mine is an evil laugh.'" Too funny.

Do you think they can play this show in China? Or would the censors take issue? Maybe they change the language?

Anonymous said...

Wash will never get the credit he's due. Try doing a 'Crazy Ivan' in a spaceship in the atomosphere. But as always the ladies love the bad man.

M said...

Would the "bad man" be Jayne or Mal?

Anonymous said...

Now now Jared, Me luvs me some Wash too. I like my men 'semi-muscular' and he's definitely wittier than Jayne. How about "If I were unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion." Tell me that's not ..um. Lovable. Did you see him in dodgeball. I could so see Wash as a pirate.

I totally think they could do this one in China. Have you gotten the Firefly book? It has translations of all the chinese. I loved the essays, but being able to interpret was priceless.

One of my faves is War Stories, because not only is action packed and River kicks ass, but we get to see Zoe and Wash's relationship. She picked him over the others ..and we all know Zoe isn't going to be with anyone other than HER choice.

Also, against the 'bad man' thing..my favorite on The Inside is Paul...wholesome, protective and sweet...and yet wise to the world. LOVE him..and although Web is mighty interesting, I'd pick Paul for my relationship....

Wash is awesome, but what about Simon. I love how dedicated he is to River. I cry every time I watch Safe.

I will say this..Jayne undoubtably gets some of the best lines...EVER.

M said...

I have mixed feelings on Simon. He may be just a bit too sensitive for me. Wash is good "middle ground". Yes, Simon is sweet with River, but really is pathetic most of the rest of the time. He is (was ) growing. Will be nice to see them further develop that character.

Rewatched Out of Gas yesterday. Had forgotten what a little trollip Kaylee could be :)

Anonymous said...

"...I'm not good at talking to girls." "why..is there someone you ARE good talking to?" hehe. He's way too uptight but Kaylee is good to loosen him up a bit. She's a little lusty thing ain't she? Wait til you see her in Wonderfalls. Slut-bitch. It's just wrong.

I'm so angry that we didn't get years to watch them grow and develop. Joss always says he has the next hookup in mind when he's working on the current. This is awfully naughty, but I wonder if something could have happened between Wash and Kaylee..eventually.

I love the Simon/River family thing. He's a great brother. he's socially backward. He could totally have been a geek, you know?

I love Out of Gas. That huge mustache. Oh my. It was awesome seeing how they all came to be together. Have you gotten your friend to give the DVDs a try yet? I just can't imagine someone watching this show and not loving it. I seriously think this could be Star Trek level devotion.

And how mad are you that the inside is pre-empted AGAIN. Gorrammit!!!!

M said...

Stop tempting me with Wonderfalls! I'm in a wedding in two weeks which is sucking up all my disposable income. Can't afford it. Wait a minute.....I could buy it for them as a wedding gift and borrow it while they are on the honeymoon.

Simon would make an excellent geek, although he wouldn't need the fashion advice. Quite the dandy.

Although I do miss The Inside, I must admit, I enjoy mocking the dancers. Once they get past auditions though, I'll be bored to tears. I'll really need my Adam Baldwin fix. Maybe I'll have to watch old X-Files or Angel episodes.

My one friend, Jared, said he'd go with me. But he said that about Hitchhikers too.....then bailed on me.

Don't want to go with anyone who hasn't seen it. They won't be able to properly discuss after, ya know?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...I can't help it. I love Wonderfalls almost as much as Firefly..it has the funny, the snarky, the romance...oh wait..I'm so not helping. :)

Simon definitely wouldn't need fashion advice. I love his blue vest. He always looks so buttoned down. One thing I love about him is the sarcasm. He brings it well. My favorite Simon "This must be what it feels like to go mad." later.."no, THIS is what it feels like to go mad."

I'm hoping that Adam, Katie Finneran (also from wonderfalls) and Tim Minear can get together again and do something wonderful..NOT on Fox.

Jared: I see you post here. You've got to with her. Don't bail. It's not a shindig with one person!!! *sniff* We'll all talk about here though. I imagine I'll have to wait til saturday afternoon to go see it, but by god..that opening weekend is TAKEN.

I'll talk about it with my daughter, but she doesn't get it all, you know..so I'll need the talking too. :)

M said...

Shindig? Will there be some kind of hot cheese? Do I need a big poofy blue dress?

Rest assured......there will be talking! We may even have to resort to phone calls :)

Anonymous said...

We won't about the cheese unless we interrogate it. You're going to a wedding..don't you already have the dress...I prefer something with some slink. ;)

and hey...I got free long distance on my cell. We might just have to. But oh yes...much talking.

Have you gotten the comic yet? it's stuff that happens between the tv show and the movie..inara's leaving (i think) the first one should still be in the store.

M said...

Ditto on the cell. And I have like 3,800 rollover minutes. How pathetic am I?

My dress for the wedding is definitely more "slinky". But I had to be careful as there are a couple belligerent geeks attending who might get the wrong idea. You know know the kind who you say "hello" to and they immediately think "she wants me...."

Anonymous said...

One word. TAZER.

Okay a few more words...just think how Zoe would handle them. And if you don't wanna break up the wedding, you could always go with the gentle tact of Inara.

I'm with US cellular, so no rollover, but I'd have more than that I'm sure.

belligerant geeks? i think calling them pigu is more appropriate. ;)

M said...

I may just do that. Both the name and the tazer.

The groom's brother is awful! Big dork. Un-fixable. And believe me, I have tried being nice to him, giving him little tips about how not to talk to girls. And he just gets hostile. No teasing allowed. Last summer, fourth of July, we really got into it. Simply because I suggested that maybe bragging about being unemployed, only income coming from selling odd things on EBay and living in his Mom's basement wasn't necessarily a "selling point."

Anonymous said...

Well, he'll have a time figuring out what you are saying eh.

And no, those are not selling points. I haven't dated in 10+ years and that's still way beneath me. Even at my worst, I"m not going to go..oooooh baby. you live with your mama...aand no income. I just got all hot. *pant* seriously..what is wrong with some people?

M said...

He has an online personal for a while. Not an attractive man. His personal info stated that he was into MST2K "before it was cool". When was it cool?

Anonymous said...

Um...I don't think it was ever cool...except in the minds of the delusional. and you know..you'd think the failure of the personal ad would give him a clue. Seriously. Dude. Not being a loser..look into it.

M said...

And he's 35. Need I say more?

Anonymous said...

sounds terminal then.

Anonymous said...

did you see the thing on the broatcoat board? a marathon of firefly with a serenity special before the premiere. can't wait! And...do you wtf is up with the teams or ships or whatever?

M said...

Teams now? We're really out of it!

Again I have to laugh. We OWN the DVDs.....yest we will watch the marathon complete with commercials :)

Anonymous said...

It is kind of pitiful isn't it? But they are having a serenity special....at least we have that crumb of respect. :)

And yeah..they had like ships or something...and man..i was confused..so I just stopped trying to figure it out

M said...

So we're not totally pathetic, just somewhat? Good to know!

Anonymous said...

well it's important to cling to the shread of self respect ya know

M said...

I try.