Monday, August 15, 2005

The Wedding part 2... Preparations

Well, the wedding is over and the couple is off the New Orleans! So I have my life back. What am I doing with it? Writing about the wedding :)

It all started Friday with the manicure. I was trying so hard not to chip a nail. Got through the whole day accident free and was thrilled! Then on Saturday, I went to visit the neighbors and their darn dog jumped on me. Huge scratches down my legs. Ouch! Not to mention hideous scarring.....but nails still fine.

So I head to the rehearsal dinner. All seems to be going well. No major tragedies, but the night is young. An old friend I haven't seen or talked to in years came into town from Florida. It's been a while and we've both made major changes so we just stood staring at each other for like ten minutes both thinking "don't I know you?" And no one helped! Finally figured it out! Nicole! It was great to talk to her. She has really gotten her life together. It's good to see. And we're going to keep in touch this time.....darn it!

Then the Bride's oldest friend shows up with her fiance......the republican. Here's where things take a turn, and it wasn't his fault. Julie, the friend, tells us that last year her fiance drove one of the cars in the President's motorcade when he came to Osh Kosh. From across the room, Dan, the geek in the photo, yells "What a complete f-ing asshole!!!!" Dead silence followed. Wow! There's rude and then there's RUDE!!

So we lightened the mood by torturing the bride with plans to skip down the aisle, do Oompa Loompa impressions and other goof stuff. Then I rushed home to right a toast. Spent two hours working on it. Threw it away. Couldn't sleep. Stressing about toast.....

No comments: