Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Heights of Geekdom

My best friend called this morning with an amazing offer. Her job is sending her to Vegas in January for a conference and she asked me to go with. I live in Wisconsin, so this is a very tempting offer. Vegas, January.......ooooooo......

Anyway, she said I didn't have to go to the conference. I could just sit by the pool all day. Good book, sunshine, hottie little cabana boys bringing me slushy drinks. Heaven.

But I chose the conference. It's a consumer electronics conference!!!!!! All the pretty toys!! Rather than bask in the sun, I'm choosing to go seminars on PDAs, cell phones, pocket computers.....I'm salivating already!

I'm such a dork!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OooOOooo... Sounds like a lot of fun! There's nothing wrong with wanting to go to the convention instead of basking in the sun!

M said...

I know. It just sounds like too much fun! I have to go! Play with the big toys :)

Anonymous said...

it's official...we're geeks. I'd have picked the conference too, if you feel better.

M said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hey..what are fellow nerdtopians for? :)

M said...

Okay.....I'm starving.....dang diet.....I'm going to go splurge and get a turkey sub on wheat.....hold the mayo.....

Later chicas!

M said...

Welcome Cynthia!

Yes.....I am embracing my geekdom. It's new to me though. Up until three years ago it was clothes and shoes.....now I get excited over a new hard drive!

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly that conference always runs the same time the Porn Convention hits Vegas. Quite a melange of attendees in the Casinos.

Anonymous said...

hey Cynthia!!! Vezzy cool you are in the sidebar. *hugs*

And anon..mentioning porn and keeping id quiet..hmm..are you an attendee? ;)