Monday, August 01, 2005

Weird dreams

They say dreams are just made up of what we have on our minds. I think they are right. Because I've been having some strange ones lately.....

How about you?

90 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh shame on you...you need to give up the dirty lil details!!

I dreamed I was pregnant on the Titanic defending Harry Potter from Voldemort, when Gandalf showed up to back me up. Clearly, I've been reading too much fantasy. ;)

M said...

I'll give you a tame one first. This is what happens when you fall asleep watching Celebrity Fit Club after Harvey says he wants to do show with real people too.....

I dreamt I was on the show and Shawn was my partner. The doctor kept telling us we had to drink a lot of water and Shawn wouldn't do it. I was afraid he was going to get sick (again....) Oddly, even in the dream I knew he didn't respond to people yelling at him and Gary Busey was already doing that so.....

I had to come up with interesting ways to bribe him into drinking the water :)

Don't feel bad, hobbits show up in my dreams a lot. Only after Sin City, it tends to go badly.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha....I loved Sin City. It's harder for me to watch Lost, because I really don't like the hobbit's new character...he's just a judgemental lil prick.

It's been awhile since I've had a good racy dream. Bad shit at work has been nightly features.

Somehow I doubt you'd have any trouble getting shawn to drink. you seem to be the persuasive type.

I read some of Shawn's back posts...where he was talking about nipple clips and such. I had a lovely afternoon daydreaming about questioning him. ;)

M said...

How did I miss those? Well, maybe I just blocked it. That sounds painful. I prefer satin ropes.

As for Sin City, Kevin was too creepy. Especially sitting there, no arms, no legs, still smiling. Yaghhh.

But I loved the rest. So over the top. Carla Gugina naked for no good reason. And then yelling "He made me watch!!!!" I laughed.

I just have really weird dreams. Can't possible imagine what they will be about tonight. I'm guessing Jell-O will be a theme...

Anonymous said...

Shawn is going to be shocked at what he's unleashed. Satin ropes sound lovely, but he was specifically mentioning the clips...so hey. I work with what I got for examples and..if it makes him..er..happy...i'm good....satin ropes and jello will be featured soon in the mistipetal theatre.

Kevin was creepy..did you catch Pippin too? He was quickly killed. They basically just brought the graphic novel to live action. I bought the first three after seeing the film. Scary on target.

M said...

Really? I've been thinking about getting them. Will have to look into it.

I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Anonymous said...

They are a bit painful, but I think Shawn will be wearing them..so..no worries.

I, on the other hand, can't wait for sleep time. DREAMS...oh DREAMS..don't fail me now!

M said...

Now how exactly am I NOT supposed to dream about Shawn in nipple clamps?!?! Curses!!

Anonymous said...

And I ask you...why fight? it's inevitable..just enjoy.

M said...

I should tell Shawn. And then blame you!

Anonymous said...

oh don't rat me out!!! I'm naughty enough without extra blame!!

Anonymous said...

did you see the latest? way to rain on the hot parade. :)

M said...

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

Anonymous said...

you're scaring me!!! *shakes* Are you gonna make me WATCH TOO!!!

M said...

You only have to watch if there's hobbits.

Anonymous said...

Ok...Shawn's definitely not a hobbit..so i'm cool. :)

M said...

Most assuredly.

For the record, I'm drawn to tall guys with dark hair and glasses. Shocked, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

me too. its a shocker. I think we might need twins...or cloning or something

M said...

Way too much in common.

Okay, so my neighbor just called. She's nine months pregnant, due any day, so we have to check in from time to time. Anyway, she's having ring bologna for dinner. As I was talking to her, she started laughing. Apparently she "poked" the ring bologna with a fork and it spewed a stream of liquid down her shirt. that's what you get for poking the bologna!

Anonymous said...

oh dear god...poking the bologna. I love it. Phrases that could be innocent..yet..somehow so aren't.

yes...many things in common...but its fun. It's nice to not be alone. ;)

M said...

No doubt.

Again, I'm sure Shawn is happy we had most of this conversation of his blog. Although I truly hope someone other than us comes up with "Friday".

Anonymous said...

yeah..would be nice if someone chimed in on the smut...maybe shawn will. You know he loves it. ;) Joe isn't have anything as exciting on his blog..teehee.

course..some subjects are better over here. ;) I might blush you know

If no one says anything we'll figure friday out soon. :)

M said...

Mud? That's taking "dirty mind" quite literally :)

And yes......weird dreams again!!

Anonymous said...

I dreamt I was in the season finale of Six Feet Under. It made me sad.

Anonymous said...

well at least someone other than us came up with one! i'll take the literal...and hey no calories.

Jarod: you werent 6 ft under yourself i hope?

M said...

I'm thrilled to have outside input myself. Who can argue with good old fashined mud wrestling? If we dress up like Daisy Duke, maybe Bill will attend too :)

Jared, when is the season finale anyway? I'm a few weeks behind, but that's what HBO On Demand is for!

Anonymous said...

If we did the Daisy Duke Bill would totally be there. hee. oh hey..we could fill the general lee with mud and wrestle in it...;)

M said...

It would have to be a replica or we'd be destroying a valuable piece of memorabilia.

I can't decide if we'd need cameras inside or not. granted, the view would be obstructed, but perhpas would lend more to the imagination.

Anonymous said...

well i'm thinking replica..we'd be skinned alive by fans. what about ppv cameras...imagination for the cheap...but if you want the good stuff you gotta pay...we have to pay for the replica somehow.

M said...

True, true.....

And if Tom Wopat shows up, every chance I get I'll ask him...."What's the score?!?!?"

Anonymous said...

oh my god. too funny. that was one of the best stories ever. We could totally ask him to guest ref...then we could ask him 'what's the score' a lot...and Bill would love us forever

M said...

And we can hold the event in Tom's home town of Lodi.....also home to Suzy the Duck.

Anonymous said...

I think we have it all worked out now. Shawn's board has been awfully quiet today. what's up with that?

M said...

Other than you and me.....it seems to have slowed. I've been afraid to post all day.....waiting for someone else, anyone else.

Anonymous said...

well..i'm posting. screw it. shawn said as long as he didn't see my name four times in a row on one thread i was ok..and i'm now up to 3....;)

M said...

I double dog dare you to go for four ;)

Anonymous said...

EVIL! like i can resist a double dog dare. Now I've got to think of something that's not just totally stupid to say. :)

Anonymous said...

double dog done. :)

M said...

Four in a row and still nada from anyone else. It's sad really :(

Anonymous said...

yeah..i'm pretty disappointed. Someone else is going to have to write...i've tried by god.

M said...

And I'm a big chicken.....so there we have it.

Anonymous said...

you know...i don't buy that bs about you being a big chicken...what's up with that...?

M said...

Oddly, still slightly intimidated by Shawn. Have you noticed I'm the only person on there that hasn't propositioned him, even as a joke?

Anonymous said...

Well, no, actually I hadn't. So many propositions have flown back and forth that I wasn't sure who'd said what. I'm still intimidated too, mostly because I know I haven't got a shot in hell. The man has figure skaters and babes with hot abs going for him. I'm older, divorced with child and across the country. I feel somewhat pathetic. Hell, if I can talk to him, you surely could. At least you might have a shot. Me, I'm just trying to hide the pitiful with smart comments. :)

M said...

See now, whenever possible, I checked the other gils sites for photos. And I can hold my own. Even with the figure skaters.

I also don't think any of us really has a shot in hell. I read some of his posts on TWoP and he's pretty down on any chick who noticed him because of the show. Unfortunate.

But I'm also a big loser! I had a HUGE crush on a friend of mine for over a year. Genius. Funny. We could talk about anything. I'm guessing he noticed the crush, but never did anything to stop me.....including mentioning that he had a girlfriend and was living with her.....left that part out.....

Anyway, long story short, I said nothing and did nothing and now they are married. Worst part, I actually like her :)

Anonymous said...

I've read the TWOP posts too. You're right about him probably not being into the girls who noticed him because of the show. I think he could change his mind, if he ever relaxes enough to get to know us. He really keeps that distance up. Very guarded guy. You sound gorgeous, I already know I'm not. Maybe if I had a Zoe body, but..uh no.

I'm an idiot..moreso than loser. I never have dated a guy I actually liked. I always settled because I couldn't get the ones I wanted. Finally after many years of suffering, I dedided to stop settling...so now I'm alone and I've pretty much accepted that's the way it's going to be. *sigh*

See,I think what happened with you was probably for the best. I mean, if he was living with this girl, and then been with you, would he really be someone you want? I'm betting there was a mutual attraction and he couldn't bring himself to tell you about her...and he's settled now and you like this girl, so she's probably pretty ok too...you just need to find the right guy.

You deserve the best for yourself..you just haven't found him yet. Shame nerdtopia has fallen apart.

M said...

Not gorgeous hiney, but I do okay. The exercises is helping a lot. I use to go to the gym three times a week minimum, but I've gotten lazy since I developed this whole geek/computer obsession thing. That's new. I just keep buying new toys.

As for settling, I've done my share of that. Being a big fat chicken and all. I date the guys who chase me the longest. Same as you, sick of that, alone and ususally pretty okay with it. I own my home, I can take care of myself. It's all good.

As for Shawn, well, here's the really funny part. Yes, I watched the show. Yes, it amused me. But I didn't actually find myself attracted to any of the guys. I had no favorites. I was rooting for "not Richard". Chuck amused me in that he's so much like my brother. It was funny to watch. And Bill with his whole Dukes of Hazzard thing stuck out because of my Tom Wopat incident.

The only reason I ended up on Shawn's blog was that I'm a computer junkie. I was looking up what Bill actually did for a living cuz I missed that and thought for sure he had to have a real job. And cruising around, found Shawn. It's the writing I like. Nothing to do with the show. Had I never seen the show but had read the blog, I'd still have a crush. Unfortunate, really.

But you know, I always have Adam Baldwin ;)

Anonymous said...

scary stuff. I felt the same way. Rooted for NOT richard, liked all the guys ok...found joe's blog, laughed my ass off, then found shawns...totally fell for the writing...if only i'd been surfing blogs and found him before the show. dammit. And see, that's the thing that I don't think Shawn really gets. We aren't actually star struck..or into him because of the show. It's just him...He's intelligent and funny and wonderful to read...*sigh* moments lost in time. *weep* ah well.

There is adam baldwin. And my Paul from the inside. not the actor..just the character. And Wash..of course..And Mal...Simon (once he relaxes a bit)...criminy. my life with fictional characters!!!!

you know..I think you rock, but it's probably best we don't live to close to each other...we'd continually be chasing the same men. :)

M said...

Yeah, I don't think so. That's another thing I've learned.... friends more important than men!

As for fictional love interests.... I'm in love with Josh Lyman, West Wing....thus the screen name :)

Closest I've ever come to being star struck. He's actually from Madison!!!! Comes home occasionally. Sigh....

Anonymous said...

True..friends are more important..they last..unlike most men. ;)

I was wondering about your screen name..I like it. As for actually being star struck...I usually have flavors of the week..but deeply into..probably Joe Fiennes...I was crazy about him after shakespeare in love..can you blame me? I don't think he's ever been to oklahoma, but he played one. I haven't seen that movie..I'm a little afraid. :)

M said...

Ah yes....Oklahoma....where I got all my daily drinking cups....Eskimo Joes. Also where I bought my favorite T-Shirt (just says "POKES" on the front....makes people ask, "Pokes what?") I can do my OSU cheers for you ;)

I used to be able to sing the Boomer Sooner song. Now I just do portions to annoy people!

Anonymous said...

Hee. I can hum boomer-sooner...I'd be run out of the state if I couldn't. And sadly, no one here would ask about Pokes. ;)

That song is friggin annoying it. And you really gotta wonder about a state who takes pride in claim jumpers.

Eskimo Joe's is good though. Too cool and cute..

It's time for me to get the hell outta work. We'll continue this laters or tomorrows..I think its very obviously I WON'T be working. :)

M said...

More weird dreams.....but this time I balme ChurchGirl. WHy did she have to bring up Speedos?

Anonymous said...

churchgirl is a naughty one. Speedos eh..you know..i'm not sure 'weird' is the word for your dreams...*snicker*

M said...

Nope. They are weird. And continue to be so.

Speedos are mean!

M said...

Oh and by the way.....starting to feel bad about the gutter mind. That "Elliot" who thinks we're so funny.....going into the eighth grade!

Anonymous said...

well..i wouldnt feel too guilty. my mind was already deeply guttery by 8th grade. But yeah, I'm trying to stick with double meanings and a bit of subtleness...just a bit

Anonymous said...

Ok...so what's the story?

M said...

So....I had this really good friend named Scott. Sweetheart of a guy, but lacking in the looks department. One day, this new girl showed up and told us she thought Scott was HOT!! We of course, had to ask "Why?" She said it was because he looked like he'd be really hairy. Again we ask "Why?" She says, "Well, it helps when you're having sex. You don't get all those sucky squishy sounds!"

That image sticks with you. At the time, I was working from a friendship to a something else with this other guy. That very same night, we moved towards that something else, but he wasn't hairy. One noise and I burst into hysterical laughter. There is no recovery or explanation in the WORLD for that moment. Needless to say, we're no longer dating :)

Anonymous said...

oh my god. *rolling on floor laughing* yeah..i can see why you aren't dating now. *squick* *laughter* *shrivel* hee

M said...

Seriously. Try not to think of that image. It's impossible. Even funnier, in the shock of the moment, he accidently put on my underwear when he left. I said nothing. I really liked those black panties too....

Anonymous said...

he left in your undies???? hahhahahahah now that is the cherry on top. you know he still has that moment burned in his memory.

M said...

Oh yeah. We still see each other from time to time....but we speak not of it.

Anonymous said...

the moment you dare not speak its name. I think that's for the best.

M said...

Of course the next day, every one wanted to know what happened. I didn't tell....at first....

Anonymous said...

hehehehe ..did you tell everyone? do you guys snicker about noises now? :)

M said...

We try not to, but the snickering will never stop.

Anonymous said...

yeah...i have an ex...whom i never see, but let's just say all I gotta do is wiggle a finger and hysterical laughter follows. :)

M said...

The fun part is, he doesn't know I told anyone.

Anonymous said...

and now the internet knows...who else did you tell..me and trevor and....

Anonymous said...

I feel so left out. I wanna join the chat! :)

I've been lacking on reading everyone else's blogs lately. But I definitely agree about the whole Shawn thing... he needs to get rid of the idea that most of us want to "get" with him because of the show. Sad. He just seems like one of those guys that would be really fun to hang out with. I did proposition him, however.. if you want to call it that. It was more of a joke than anything.

Anyway... I love reading you two go back and forth just as much as I love Shawn's writings too. You gals are quite funny! :) And now with Trevor on the other board... what a combo! Haha.

M said...

Thanks Lindsey! You are more than welcome to follow our "side bar" chatting as much as you like. Glad to hear you enjoy our talks.

I think the addition of Trevor could be dangrous. He adds a certain something to the conversation :)

Anonymous said...

Hey lindsey! welcome. We are quite the raunchy ones. :) And yeah..trevor adds the smut. *ewg*

The side bar...that is so us.

M said...

So I told Shawn the whole story. And his response proved he's as raunchy as us....if not more ;)

Anonymous said...

Even more? Is that possible?! Haha...

Anonymous said...

more raunchy..don't buy that one. :) as raunchy...ok

M said...

You're probably right!

I am so bored today! Can't motivate myself to do anything. I have to throw a bachelorette party tomorrow and I haven't bought a thing!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like waiting until the last minute! ;)

M said...

Yeah......

Here's the thing. The groom is really my friend. I've known him for years. Introduced him to the bride, so they think I'm getting married too. All my friends will be at the bachelor party. That's where I want to be..... But sadly, no. Add to that, I don't find the groom attractive in the least and the idea of him having sex is not something I like to think about. But she didn't want a bridal shower so....I'm going to get an sober evening full of disturbing images. Check back Sunday morning....I'll have a lot to say when I get home that night :)

Anonymous said...

what are you doing for the bachelorette party? Strip club is always fun. hee. seriously, if you've done no planning...we can brainstorm with you. I've got til 330 :)

M said...

Dinner and then bar hopping is the plan. I guess I'm thinking I should buy some goofy stuff to make her wear. This is her second wedding, so not really over doing it.

Am I evil enough to make her carry around and sort of penis paraphanalia?

Anonymous said...

oh my god yes..you are totally evil enough..and she totally should. the fashion for awhile was a teeshirt that said 'will suck for a buck' and condoms pinned all over it.

seriously, check out the male strip clubs. Getting her a stage dance would be devilishly entertaining.

surely you can get a hat with a penis on top..like a flower

Anonymous said...

Last year, for my friend's bachelorette party... we went to some different bars. One of the girls got her a cup with penis lid... and every bar we went to she had to get her drink in that cup and drink out of it. Oh... good times. :)

Anonymous said...

lindsey, that's awesome. the more penis involved the better.

M said...

Well then, I suppose I have some shopping to do. I could go to the neighborhood porn shop, but it's just so sticky in there. Ick!

Anonymous said...

were rubber...then hose down. ;) we have lots and lots of fun novelty sex shop...christie's tox box...she has like 10 of them in okc ...you could get her a chastity belt too...

M said...

Dang it! My rubber suit is at the dry cleaners....

Anonymous said...

lemme guess..one of your ex-lovers wore your extra suit? :)

M said...

No....they mostly had their onw ;)

Anonymous said...

hehe...that's good. don't forget firefly tonight. We are watching because of the extra footage. ;)